Sunday, August 8, 2010

Five Days

It is five days since my last post. Does that mean that my need to write about my grief is decreasing? Or have I just been too busy getting ready for the trip?

Tonight I had the two local families for dinner, steak, baked potato, corn on the cob, with salad provided by Terri and Pete, and peaches with ice cram and butterscotch sauce, (provided by Mark and Jennifer). It was good to see them all before I leave. It's kind of a tradition.

It feels strange going off on a solo adventure when Di's  ashes lie buried in the Cathedral memorial Garden. Perhaps this is what they mean by survivor's guilt.  She loved taking cruise vacations. I said good bye to her this morning, after service, though I am sure she will be traveling with me in spirit. The biodegradable container with a small, reserved portion of her ashes is packed, and will be scattered on the Pacific from the cruise ship as per her wishes.

I am getting more used to aloneness, and don't feel quite as lonely as I did at first. There are a few neighbors who make a point of talking to me, but for the most part I see very few of them. In this neighborhood people stay inside in the air conditioning during the summer, and the heating during the winter.

However, I am looking forward to having the company of Richard, at least, during the next three weeks. And there will be hundreds of passengers abroad, all of whom will have interesting stories. Some of them will have been aboard for the whole world cruise. We  are just buying into the last leg, LA to Sydney. Well, I am up for the adventure. We will see what transpires. More when we are on board-if not before. Peace and love be to everyone. Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment