Sunday, August 1, 2010

A nice meal with family

Mark is very generous, and makes it a point to invite me to dinner each Sunday night, Tonight's menu was out of "Cooking Light" and was delicious, low fat Mexican food. I take Ella. She and Cody seem to have reached a compromise, and there is no growling now, unless food is an issue. The kids also are emotionally generous and there are hugs all around when I arrive and depart. Also went to see Matt play soccer yesterday in 90+ degree heat. It must have been exhausting to play in that heat. Matt has a nice sunburned beak today. They won their first game, (the one I saw),but lost the second 1-0. I was very impressed with their passing and ball control. Matt has moved up a step, into the 18-19 group of players. He is only 16, so he is playing now with more experienced players, with more skills.

I am accepting more and more now that life with Di, memorable and pleasant though it was, is in the past, and I have to adjust to the present. Fortunate I am, in having friends and family looking out for my welfare, Numerous times I have been taken to lunch or dinner by friends and family. When I come back I will have to start returning that hospitality. In the meantime I am extremely grateful.

Next Sunday will be the last time I will sing with the Cathedral choir this summer. I am not prepared to commit to the time needed to sing in the choir during the academic year. Besides, with a paralyzed hemidiaphragm, (after our accident in 1999), I no longer sing well, technically. I do not have good enough breath control. Unless I can sing well, I would rather not sing. Besides, in the next quarter I will be back on the roster of scripture readers. That will give me a sufficient part in the services,

Well. now to the arrangements necessary for the cruise, and getting to LA. I wish I had booked earlier flights, but it now costs too much to change them. so will arrive in LA about midnight. But we have nothing to do the next day, except get to the ship between 1 and 3 pm, and embark. So I should be able to sleep in just a little. Boarding pass and luggage tags are already preprinted. So, all I have to do is pack, and get Ella to the kennels very early on the 10th. Love and peace to all, Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment