Monday, March 7, 2011

Ambushed!

The grief therapists talk about being ambushed by feelings. Today was such a day. It all began so simply. I went to see the CPA to file last year's taxes. This is an annual chore. Di used to do it, as she was the "detail person" of the two of us. Last year, and this year, it has fallen to me, as the only one left to do it.

I was very organized and had everything prepared. But, coming home, I was so devastated and lonely. It was a visit we would celebrate having behind us, and stop for a cup of coffee at Starbuck's on the way home. She is no longer here to celebrate having it done. What a huge loss, today and every day! The silence kills me! I love it when the kids respond to my Facebook postings. It is a conversation of sorts.

Pete is going to drive up to the Mayo Clinic with me next week. So that will be two days of company for me, with some prolonged conversation, and listening to CD's. Hope the car behaves. It has been serviced recently, and I will have some of the special oil aboard. Was prepared to do the drive on my own, but I am glad Pete offered to do it with me. We'll see what the renal function tests show.

To bed, now and hope to sleep. Love to all, Geoff















































l oil aboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment