Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A busy week

Being busy keeps me from thinking to much! Last Monday I had a dinner party for eight. The group worked well, and the conversation was very lively. Tuesday was EfM, and tonight I went to the Cathedral for an Interfaith Group Discussion, with  New York Rabbi, a local Baptist Seminary teacher, and a monk from Concepcion Abbey, speaking for Islam. The story was that the organizers were unable to get a local Imam.

But, at that meeting, I ran into Abbot Gregory Polen again. He is one off my all time  favorite people. Our paths first crossed when I was selected to be part of the Episcopal group, renegotiating a new   covenant with the Roman Catholic Cathedral, here in KC.  The previous one was abrogated by the new RC bishop, on his arrival.  The Abbott was one of the Catholic representatives on the committee, along with the local Monsignor, and a Jesuit priest from Georgetown,  Washington, with a very dry sense of humor, and a few RC lay people. The Abbot is a gentle person, very pleasant and easy to get along with. Later, after Dianne died,  I ran into him at a local Starbucks, in mufti, and he was very comforting. Tonight he asked me how I was doing, and the tears began to start to my eyes. He said. "That is no problem. I am very comfortable with tears. They often show just how much we loved." He is the kindest person.

Tomorrow night I have a Vestry Meeting at the cathedral,so have been running down town each night. At the same time I am trying to get my talk on Diabetes finished for my April 6th session. I am discovering what Di seemed to know intuitively. That is, if  you want to live life to the full, you must go out and meet the world, or invite the world in, or both. Grab life with both hands, and hang on! Love to you all.  Dad/Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment