Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Prayer

Another reason I like Episcopal prayers!

Oh God:

Give me strength to live another day;
Let me not turn coward before its difficulties
   or prove recreant to its duties;
Let me not lose faith in other people;
Keep me sweet and sound of heart, in spite of
   ingratitude, treachery or meanness;
Preserve me from minding little stings or
   giving them;
Help me to keep my heart clean, and to live so
   honestly and fearlessly that no outward
   failure can dishearten me or take away the
   joy of conscious integrity;
Open wide the eyes of my soul that I may see
   good in all things;
Grant me this day some new vision of thy truth;
Inspire me with the spirit of joy and gladness;
   and make me the cup of strength to suffering
   souls; in the name of the strong Deliverer, our only Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

From "Forward Day by Day". Pub. Forward Movement,412 Sycamore Street, Cincinatti. OH. 45202-4195

No comments:

Post a Comment